CBD honey sticks are yet another sweet treat infused with CBD. Like CBD gummies, chocolates, cookies, and cakes, CBD honey promises to deliver the benefits of CBD in a fun and tasty package.
CBD honey is advertised as a healthy CBD snack, condiment, and sweetener for coffee and tea. It seems like a convenient way to take CBD, but does CBD honey really do anything?
Not all CBD products are effective, and not all work in the same way. We looked at the research behind CBD honey sticks to tell you what they can and can’t do.
Table of Contents
- What are CBD Honey Sticks?
- How to Use CBD Honey Sticks
- Do They Really Work?
- The Best CBD Honey Sticks
- The Verdict
What are CBD Honey Sticks?
CBD honey sticks are single-serving pouches of honey with CBD added. The pouches are long and thin (they look a bit like straws), which is why they’re called “sticks.”
CBD honey sticks are made by adding CBD oil to pure honey. Different brands of honey sticks have different concentrations of CBD, so make sure you check the label.
How to Use CBD Honey Sticks
To use a CBD honey stick, tear the pouch open at the top and squeeze the honey out.
You can put the honey in a drink to sweeten it, spread it on some toast, add it to yogurt, or eat it straight from the package.
It is not recommended to cook with CBD honey, as CBD becomes ineffective if it gets too hot.
Do They Really Work?
While there have been no studies done specifically on CBD honey, there is a wealth of research on the benefits of taking CBD oil orally. Honey has its own list of benefits as an antioxidant, antibacterial, and prebiotic, but we won’t focus on those in this article as you can get those benefits from regular honey.
What CBD Honey Sticks Can & Can’t Do
Here’s what a CBD honey stick can do:
- They may soothe mild discomfort: Taking CBD orally can be an effective way to manage discomfort, according to studies. While the amount of CBD in a honey stick is usually low, taking it regularly may help to manage mild aches.
- They may promote relaxation: CBD oil has been described as a promising anxiolytic (anti-anxiety) in a number of studies. CBD honey isn’t very strong, but a 10mg dose may be able to help promote relaxation.
- They may help you sleep: Even in small doses, CBD has been found to help people fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly. CBD honey may be able to help you sleep if you take it regularly.
- They may reduce inflammation: CBD edibles have been found to reduce inflammation and to have a similar effect as anti-inflammatory drugs. Taking CBD honey could help reduce inflammation in the bowels, liver, and joints.
- They may reduce nausea: Studies have suggested that CBD can reduce nausea and vomiting by inhibiting the gag reflex. CBD honey may be an easy way to manage nausea.
Now here’s what they can’t do:
- They can’t get you high: CBD honey made from hemp extract contains only trace amounts of THC and cannot get you high.
- They can’t reduce moderate-severe anxiety: Most CBD honey sticks contain too little CBD to manage high levels of anxiety.
- They can’t stop panic attacks: CBD honey must be digested before it can take effect, so it will do little to stop onset panic attacks.
- They can’t eliminate pain: CBD honey sticks contain too little CBD to eliminate pain entirely or to have a noticeable effect on moderate to severe pain.
The Best CBD Honey Sticks
CBD honey sticks will only be effective if they contain the right dose of high-quality hemp extract. You can’t taste CBD when it’s infused in honey, so you need to choose a brand that has their products regularly tested by third-party labs.
Our editor’s pick for taste, trust, and proper dosage is CBD American Shaman.
CBD American Shaman CBD Honey Sticks
American Shaman CBD Honey Sticks
10-pack: 10mg/stick (100mg total)
100-pack: 10mg/stick (1,000mg total)
Click “Learn More” to check price.
100% Pure Honey and Cannabidiol (CBD)
American Shaman CBD honey sticks are some of the best you can buy, and not only for their highly potent CBD hemp extract. CBD American Shaman has also taken care to source their raw honey from one of America’s finest honey producers, Cooper’s.
The result is a CBD honey stick that is rich both in flavor and high-quality cannabinoids. Because the honey remains raw, you don’t have to worry about any lost CBD during heating or processing.
When it comes to CBD honey sticks, the purer, the better. And that’s what you get from CBD American Shaman.
Each honey stick contains 10 mg of full-spectrum CBD, and you can buy in packs of 10 or 100 for around $2 per stick. Try American Shaman’s CBD honey sticks now.
Yes. If you choose the right brand of raw CBD-infused honey, you may experience the benefits of edible CBD. These benefits include relief from discomfort, inflammation, nausea, and insomnia.
Because CBD honey sticks usually contain just 5-10mg of CBD, you may not experience noticeable benefits straight away. So, if you don’t eat honey often, you might be better off buying normal honey for a much cheaper price.
We recommend buying in bulk from CBD American Shaman. You can pick up a 100-pack, each containing 10 mg of CBD, for around $2 a stick.