Apple is well-known as a diet fruit. It is packed with nutrients, such as fiber, that can help you feel full for longer and reduce your appetite. This weight loss aid is flavourful and satisfying to eat and without the guilt. Read on to know more about this wonder fruit and how it can help you drop the excess weight, and hit your fitness goals in no time.
The Apple Diet Explained!
How the apple diet works
Apple is low in calories. Depending on the size and variety, it ranges between 80 and 100 calories. You have to consume fewer calories every day in order to lose weight, but it should not make you feel deprived.
The apple diet is, relatively, a balanced diet. It contains complex carbohydrates and proteins, plus it helps reduce your fat intake. This fruit is popular as a weight loss aid because it is healthy and filling. It contains the fiber, vitamins, and minerals that you need to stay healthy every day.
Apple is also good for the nervous and digestive systems. Throughout your apple diet, you have to drink at least two liters of water per day. You can consume other foods, but they should be low in fat and carbohydrates.
Pros and cons of the Apple Diet
The apple diet is convenient to follow because the fruit is affordable and easy to find. For apple-only meals, you are free to consume as many apples as you want. You are also helping improve your overall health due to increased water intake. Another good thing about the apple diet is that it detoxifies the body, and prevents constipation.
However, the diet is restrictive, so you might experience dizziness, nervousness, and irritability at first. It may also cause gastric hyperacidity when you consume apple in excessive amounts. At the end of the diet program, you might be tempted to overeat, so make sure to prevent this from happening to keep the weight off.
The diet plan
- Day 1: breakfast, lunch, and dinner – eat apples up to 1.5 kilograms.
- Day 2: breakfast – apples; lunch – one apple only, with optional green salad with lemon and low-fat cheese; dinner – apples
- Day 3: breakfast – one apple, a slice of low-fat bacon, and a slice of whole-grain bread; lunch – apple, green salad, a quarter of onion, and two carrots; dinner – apples
- Day 4: breakfast – apple, a slice of low-fat bacon, and a slice of whole-grain bread; lunch – apple, 200g of tuna with lemon, and vegetable salad (no potatoes); dinner – apple, non-fat milk, and whole-grain cereals
- Day 5: breakfast – apple, hard-boiled egg, and a slice of whole grain bread; lunch – apple, 200g of skinless chicken or roasted beef, and raw vegetable salad; dinner – apples
Worth a try?!
Also read: How to Lose 100 Pounds in 6 Months (8 Realistic Steps + Diet Plan)
The post The Apple Diet For Weight Loss – Is It For You? appeared first on Upcoming Health.